My childhood friend tagged me, so here it goes...
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 Unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I hate unolading the dishes. Hate it, hate it, hate it! The dishes might sit there for a few days before I actually get sick enough of looking at them to unload the dishwasher and load it really quick. It's so silly because it only takes like 3 minutes to unload. Honestly ShaeLee, grow up.
2. I can't sleep. I don't know why, isn't this supposed to come natural? The longest stretch I can go is about 3 hours. I wake up about 3-4 times a night and it takes about an hour to fall back to sleep. It also takes me about that long to initially fall asleep. I hate it so bad. I just want to sleep. I wake up sweating to death, even though I'm only wearing my (I don't know if I should say this on the internet without being struck down) the word that starts with a g...and just a sheet over me with a fan running, and I wear ear plugs so stupid little noises don't wake me up. So during my wakeful periods of the night I use the bathroom and tuck the kids in, every single night at least 2 times. Hear my plea!!!! Please somebody help me!
3. I think I have some OCD tendancies. I am obssessed with keeping drawers, closets, tables, shelves, everything perfectly organized. This drives Tyler crazy. I have to fold clothes by myself otherwise I end up refolding the clothes Tyler folded, which probably offends him a little. I don't know though, he probably just laughs at this. My bed has to be perfectly made, the closets have to be perfectly in order, and something kind of silly is that I color coordinate everything hanging up in our closet. Who has time for this? Obviously I do. Sad.
4. I chew gum 24/7! All day long and all night long. I hate waking up in the middle of the night with a dry mouth so I chew gum. Again, this drives Tyler crazy. He's says I spend way too much money on gum.
5. Whenever there are goodies leftover from the night on the counter in the morning I eat them for breakfast. Not healthy! It always gives me a tummy ache and yet I know I'll keep doing it.
6. My least favorite thing about myself is that I'm not patient. All of you moms out there probably don't have this problem, but I fully admint to it and have to work 100% on it every day. Somedays are better than others but I will become a patient person if it's the last thing I do. Which, it will probably be the last thing I do, but I swear it's something I consciously work on every single day!
I tag Janelle, Marielle, Lauren, Brittany M., Brittny W., and Cindy.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I did it. Totally not what I expected. I was thinking it was a bike trail...paved...the way I trained...nope, it was rough terrain trails through the mountain. Uphill (both ways I swear), steep downhills with huge boulders and sharp rocks poking straight up, critter poop on the trails, weeds, and sand. The sand is what killed me! It felt like I had 50 lbs tied to each leg running through the thick sand. Believe or not, I loved it. Miserable yet fun at the same time! I didn't acheive my goal, which was to get it under two hours, but considering the circumstances (all the hills and sand) I am very happy with my time, 2 hrs and 10 min. I love racing more than training that's for sure. I'll probably do it again, but this time on a flat surface, road racing. I couldn't get any pictures of me during the race cuz I was alone, but I got some after the race. Tyler had to stay home with the kids because he had interviews for his 4th year.
My legs were so dirty after the race. We had a timer tied around our ankles to get perfect timing, so that's where the line comes from. Good job to Janelle and Jeremy who ran the race too. You guys rule!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Last night was Ty's b-day. He ditched class early to come home, we went to Round Table and got 3 FREE personal pizza's (thanks to Jeremy and Janelle cuz of the A's tickets) hung out at the park, had cake and ice cream. Nothing too exciting, but at least we got to be with Tyler. We don't see much of him these days. I won't tell you how old he is, cuz I don't know if he'd appreciate that, but the candles on the cake are the right amount if you feel like counting. Happy B-day Ty, I love you! You are the most wonderful, perfect man any wife/kids could ask for.